The following persons were arrested and charged with controlled drugs over the weekend:
(i) Elroy Henry, 41, labourer of Peruvian Vale, “1,235 grammes of cannabis”, with intent to supply it to another, at Yambou on 18.10.13.
(ii) Ian Durham, 55, labourer of Campden Park, “145 grammes of cannabis”, with intent to supply it to another, at Carib Mountain, Campden Park on 20.10.13.
(iii) Lloyd Bibby, 18, labourer of Lowmans Ld. “2,270 grammes of cannabis”, with intent to supply it to another, at Georgetown on 17.10.13.
(iv) Kenny Ambris, 21, labourer of Richland Park and Greg Brackin, 34yrs, labourer of Glen, “cultivating twenty five (25) plants of the genus cannabis,” at Belle Isles Mountain on 18.10.13.
(2) On 19.10.13, Selwyn Baxter, 32, labourer of Stubbs was arrested and charged with while being in lawful custody at the Stubbs Police Station charged with possession of offensive weapon did escape from such custody, at Stubbs on 19.10.13.
(3) On 20.10.13, Walcott Haywood, 65, chauffeur of Lodge Village was arrested and charged with seven) counts of deception, by obtaining sums of money totaling US$3,332 and EC$72,000, from Marilyn Duke, 65, businesswoman of Tobago, between 26.04.13 and 27.06.13.
(4) On 18.10.13, Nimron Miller, 20, Frederick Sam and Adolphus Foye, 18, all labourers of Layou were arrested and charged jointly with entering the Bank of SVG Layou Branch, with intent to commit an offence of theft, at Layou on 16.10.13.
(5) On 20.10.13, Kezani Matthew, 20, technician of Brighton was arrested and charged with (i) being the driver of motor vehicle, RP 61, did use the said vehicle without an insurance policy or other security in respect of third party risk in respect of the said vehicle, (ii) being the driver of motor vehicle, RP 61, did drive the said vehicle without being the holder of a driving permit, at Brighton on 20.10.13.
(6) The Police are investigating the following motor vehicular accidents.
(i) Motor vehicle, TH831, a truck owned and driven by Kenton DaSilva of Park Hill and motor vehicle, H8219, a van owned and driven by Lincoln James of Cedars, which occurred along Georgetown Public Road on 18.10.13.
Amrie Chambers, a 13-year-old student of Cedars, who was a passenger on motor vehicle, H8219, sustained minor injuries and was treated and discharged from the Georgetown Health Centre.
(ii) Motor vehicle, P2553, a white car owned and driven by Camime Matthews of Gomea and pedal cyclist, Chris Williams, 18, of Glen, which occurred along Belair Public Road.
Williams sustained injuries to his body and was treated and discharged from the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital.
(Prepared by Police Public Relation & Complaints Dept.)