Two major Vincentian events will be convened in New York on Saturday, April 18.
The first meeting, organised by the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Diaspora Committee of New York Inc., will be the Diaspora Leadership Workshop at The Friends of Crown Heights Educational Center, Inc. at 671 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The theme of the Diaspora Leadership Workshop is “Women, Migration and Development”.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- to provide an opportunity for Vincentians in the Diaspora to build their capacity for providing high-quality leadership around issues relating to Women, Migration and Development;
- to learn about the latest information regarding Women, Migration and Development;
- to conduct an interactive dialogue among Vincentians regarding women, migration and development.
The event is open to the public.
The second event will be a special historic sports meeting of the newly created SVG-USA Sports Association, which will be organised by the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Diaspora Committee of New York Inc. and will be held at The Friends of Crown Heights Educational Center, Inc. at 4 p.m. The major objectives of the meeting are to:
- Adopt a constitution;
- Adopt a plan of activities for 2015 and;
- Hold elections for the Executive Committee of the new SVG-USA Sports Association. All interested sportsmen and women and sports enthusiasts are invited to participate.
For additional information regarding these meetings, please contact Maxwell Haywood at 718-344-7920, email: [email protected]; or Samuel “Kala” Gordon at 917-365-7125, email:[email protected]; Sherril-Ann Mason at 718-344-7865, email: [email protected]; Peter Burke at646-761-0605, email: [email protected]; Diaspora Committee email: [email protected]