The Ministry of Tourism, Sports and Culture is celebrating Tourism Month 2013 until Nov. 30, under the theme: “Tourism is Everyone’s Business, Live it, Love it, Embrace it”.
The aim of Tourism Month is to heighten tourism awareness and sensitize the public of the importance of the nation’s tourism product.
This month’s theme is pivotal as it focuses on how each facet of our society can play a vital role in the development of our tourism industry, the Ministry said in a release.
The month of activities began with a church service on Monday at the Kingstown Seventh Day Adventist Church, where Pastor Claudius Morgan gave an enlightening message on the topic “Beauty”. The church service was well attended by stakeholders within the tourism industry.
From Nov. 6-8, the Ministry of Tourism, Sports and Culture in partnership with the SVG Hotel and Tourism Association to host a series of human resource workshops.
In addition, the following activities are scheduled to take place throughout the month:
– Children’s Chit Chat — Nov. 8
– Talk Programme on We Fm — Nov. 8
– Open day at the Bequia Tourism Association — Nov. 12
– Tourism Youth Collaboration — Nov. 14
– Know your Island History Tour (Bequia) — Nov. 18
– Tourism Youth Colloquium — Nov. 14
– Tourism Youth Congress — Nov. 18
– Street 20 Cricket — Nov. 23
– Inaugural Cruise Call- Balmoral: Heritage Village Exhibition (Heritage Square, Kingstown) — Nov. 24
– Choral Speech — Nov. 26
– Tourism Exhibition at Heritage Square — Nov. 29
To round off the month’s activities, the SVG Hotel and Tourism Association, in collaboration with the Ministry, will host the annual Tourism Awards on Nov. 30, to recognize excellence in the tourism and hospitality industry.