Four persons with COVID-19 are hospitalised in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Chief Medical Officer Simone Keizer-Beache told a press conference on Wednesday.
She was at the time giving an update on the number of persons in hospital as a result of the viral illness.
Keizer-Beache noted the need to respect patient confidentiality even as the ministry is providing this information
She said that 18 persons had been admitted to the Argyle Isolation Facility and another four people were admitted to the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital.
“The ill persons, some of them do have pre-existing conditions, and, as we know, that increases the likelihood of complications,” Keizer-Beache said.
“We have two persons who have pneumonias, COVID-related pneumonias, and one person who has had what we have concluded is a … stroke. So those are the persons we have now in care.”
As it relates to the persons at the Argyle facility, only a few of those persons are “ill in terms of significance or seriously in terms of COVID,” the CMO said.
“The other persons are there because it was determined that they did not have adequate home isolation facilities,” she explained.
As of Wednesday, St. Vincent and the Grenadines had recorded 340 cases of COVID-19, including 211 cases among nationals who had no recent travel history.
Everyone that goes to that filt of a hospital dies from pneumonia.
I can testify to that
My prayers goes out to all those who are affected by this virus and urge all to continue to wear a masks. MASKS has been proven to protect you from getting infected and it saves lives.
Comments are closed.