Advertisement 87
Advertisement 323
Jason "Candle" Samuel and his children after the fire destroyed their house in Upper Questelles on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024.
Jason “Candle” Samuel and his children after the fire destroyed their house in Upper Questelles on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024.

Four adults and four children were left homeless after fire destroyed two wooden houses in Upper Questelles just before 3 p.m. on Saturday.

One of the houses — a 20×30 foot — four-bedroom plywood structure was   occupied by Jason “Candle” Samuel, a 29-year-old truck conductor of Questelles, his common-law wife, and their four children.

The other house, a 10×15 foot plywood structure was owned and occupied by Samuel’s brother, David Perry, a 44-year-old truck conductor of the same address.

Samuel and his brother were not a home when the fire destroyed the houses.

Samuel told iWitness News that his four children were at home with their mother, who was sleeping when the fire started.

Advertisement 21
Fire fighters in Questelles
Fire fighters respond to the blaze in Upper Questelles on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024.

It was heart-wrenching for the father to arrive home to the burnt out remains of his house.

Meanwhile, Maxime Clark aka Maurine Williams, had been living with Samuel and his family for some time.

She, too, was at home when the fire broke out. She said she was awake when one of the children alerted their mother to the fire.

Police said on Sunday that both families were relocated to the Questelles Learning Resource Centre.

The cause of the fire remains undetermined and police are continuing their investigations.

People wishing to donate to Samuel and his family can contact him at +1-784-433-6661.

One reply on “VIDEO: Fire leaves 2 Questelles families homeless”

  1. Is that his correct name? I will send him some money directly through Western Union. The last time I went through a third party who said he knew the man whose kids were almost killed, some years ago in North Leeward. He never got it.

Comments closed.