KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent – This country’s tourism product has landed yet another award this year.
The Ministry of Tourism, Sports and Culture announced Friday that it had been notified by Kahn Travel Public Communication Relations and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, that this country has won the Caribbean Week “Best Consumer Newspaper Feature” category.
The award come for the New York Times story “Bequia: Getting Away From the Getaways” by travel writer Jeremy W. Peters, who was guest of the Tourism Authority in 2010.
The article, which ran in both print and online versions of the newspaper last November, featured several of the islands of St. Vincent and the Grenadines but focused on Bequia.
This award follows on the heels several prestigious media and organisations’ ranking for must see destinations for 2012, namely:
- 3rd of “12 Hottest Travel Destination 2012 (Travel and Leisure)
- 5th of “The World’s Top Destination for 2012” (CNN)
- “Top 50 Places to Travel for 2012” (Toronto Star)
- #17 of ” The 45 Places to Visit in 2012″ (New York Times)
- “Top 12 Destinations to Travel for 2012” (Today Travel Show)