Advertisement 87
Advertisement 323
Advertisement 219

KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, March 6, IWN — A consular officer from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados will visit Kingstown on March 18 and 19 to provide U.S. Citizens Services and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

Visa cases will not be discussed, the Embassy said in a release.

Appointments will be held at the Peace Corps Office in Kingstown:

  • March 18: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
  • March 19: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Persons must have an appointment to meet with the consular officer. All appointments are scheduled online. The instructions are available on the U.S. Embassy’s website.

The Embassy says all forms must be filled out prior to the appointment and persons must bring originals and copies of all documents.

Advertisement 271

Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft, made out to “U.S. Embassy” and Cash will not be accepted.

Fees are:

  • Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105
  • First adult passport: US$135
  • CRBA: US$100
  • Notarials: US$50 per signature

Persons renewing a 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, who can present their expired passport, may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$110.

If you cannot present a previous 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the consular officer. The fee is US$135.

All applicants must provide: completed passport application, two passport-size photos (2” x 2”), proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate, and social security card. Applicants must bring originals and photocopies of all documents and must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to have the new passport mailed back to them in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child or you may submit a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent. For more information, visit this website. Please also bring the documents listed above plus the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports (or other identification). Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents including copies of the parents’ identification.

Additional information on U.S. citizens’ services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website.