Nineteen-year-old Vincentian De Yonté Mayers was Friday night crowned Miss Carival 2015, keeping the regional title at home for the seventh time since the show started 30 years ago.
Mayers, who became the St. Vincent and the Grenadines delegate when she made a queen sweep of the Miss SVG pageant in May, broke a six-year dearth during which the crown was not won by a Vincentian.
She won the Swimwear, Talent and Evening Gown segments of the regional pageant on her way to taking the crown. (Full story to follow)
Results at a Glance:
- Miss Carival 2015: Miss SVG — De Yonté Mayers
- First Runner-up: Miss Dominica — Odessa Elie
- Second Runner-up: Miss Barbados — Heidi Barrow
- Best Swimmer: Miss SVG — De Yonté Mayers
- Best Talent: Miss SVG — De Yonté Mayers
- Best e Evening Gown: Miss SVG — De Yonté Mayers
- Best Interview: Miss Dominica — Odessa Elie
- Most Community Spirited:
- Miss Guyana — Alicia Bess
- Miss Congeniality: Miss Barbados – Heidi Barrow
- Miss Photogenic:
- Miss SVG – De Yonté Mayers