St. Vincent and the Grenadines has recorded no new cases of the deadly coronavirus – COVID-19 since a woman who had travelled to the United Kingdom tested positive last week Wednesday.
The Ministry of Health said that it received from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) Lab at 12:55 p.m. on Tuesday, the results from the latest batch of COVID-19 tests, all of which were negative.
These tests included those conducted on the male passenger from Guyana, who arrived in St. Vincent and the Grenadines on LIAT 771 on Saturday, March 14.
“Despite these results, the passenger will remain in quarantine until March 21, 2020, thus completing the required 14 days of quarantine,” the ministry said.
Additionally, contacts associated with SVG’s single COVID-19 confirmed case, who arrived on LIAT flight 737 in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, on March 7 also tested negative. The ministry, however, did not provide any update on the status of the confirmed case.
The ministry further said that the test for COVID-19 conducted on a suspected case who arrived at the Accident and Emergency on Monday was negative.