By Concerned Cop
The security of any nation, as we know, is one of, if not the most important pillar of any nation. Without security our country would be in chaos.
The ULP says that they have police officers and the police force at heart, but the blind can see this is not so, and I also beg to differ. The police force has been greatly neglected! So it left me to ask a few questions, be it late than never.
1. What’s your plan for the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force?
2. The job of a police officer is one that few dare choose because of the risk involved. Yet police officers have one of the worst paying jobs in this country, when measured by the number of hours work — over 100 hours a week. What’s your plan to correct this injustice?
3. Police officers presently buy food for their home, and still have to buy food at the station, with their small salary, and still have to pay their bills, mortgage and other expenses. What are your plans to improve the lives of our service men and women?
4. Police officers spend more time at the station, than in the comfort of their homes, yet the living conditions at the stations are poor. What are your plans to improve the living conditions at the stations or change to a shift system?
5. Police officers usually finish work late at night, and have to be on the road begging for ride, putting their lives at risk. What’s your plan to ensure that police officers can order vehicles at a lower customs rate, making it affordable for our service personnel?
The views expressed herein are those of the writer and do not necessarily represent the opinions or editorial position of iWitness News. Opinion pieces can be submitted to [email protected].