The SVG Cricket Association Super 40 is ready for take off again for its 2nd edition.
The dates for the tournament are Sept. 13, 14, 20 and 21.
There have been three main changes from the inaugural edition: the Super is now expanded to five teams; the preliminary matches will be played at Arnos vale 1 and Sion Hill; and two West Indian international players will feature in the final on Sept. 21.
The qualifying teams are: iShallz Byam’s Physical Therapy (champions of NLA First Division 2014), Team Rivals, Guardian General Saints, LIME Radcliffe, and Victors One (in respective order of position for NLA premier division 2014). The First division team is allowed to draft in four new players, while the Premier division teams are allowed two drafts.
The SVGCA Super 40 this year has 3 components: The Cricket, A Soca fete at Park Hill on the eve of the final, and a magazine to be designed and distributed early January 2015.
Prize monies have doubled from last year, with the winners’ cheque increasing from EC$2,000 to EC$4,000. Runners up gets EC$1,500, 3rd place EC$700, and 4th place $300.
Additionally, each man of the match will receive a bat compliments Veira’s Courtesy Sports.
• Match 1: Sept. 13: LIME Radcliffe vs Victors One (Arnos Vale 1)
• Match 2: Sept. 14: Team Rivals vs Guardian General Saints (Arnos Vale 1)
• Match 3: Sept. 14: IShallz Byam’s Physical Therapy vs Winner Match 1 (Sion Hill
• Match 4: Sept. 20: Loser Match 2 vs Loser Match 3 (Park Hill)
• Match 5: Sept. 21: Winner Match 2 vs Winner Match 3 (Park Hill))