Mewanah Hadaway, left, did not testify in the proceedings against accused murderer, Veron Primus, nor in the abduction or sex offenses cases brought against him in relation to her.

The Vermont woman whose alleged abduction police were investigating when they cracked a murder case, did not testify in the preliminary inquiry into the killing, as planned.

The woman, Mewanah Hadaway, 25, was scheduled to testify on Friday in the preliminary hearing into the November 2015 murder of real estate agent Sharleen Greaves.

The prosecution had, one week earlier, received approval from the Serious Offences Court for Hadaway to testify remotely and in camera against the accused murderer, Vermont Primus, 30, also of Vermont.

The approval came in light of a report from psychiatrist Karen Providence that Hadaway was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.

At least one other witness in the proceedings had testified in camera.

However, when the hearing continued on Friday, Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delplesche, told the court that the prosecution was closing its case.

The prosecutor, in keeping with his legal privileges, did not volunteer any explanation to the court, nor did he comment when Primus noted that Hadaway was not testifying as scheduled.

Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne-Matthias, on Friday, committed Primus to stand trial in the High Court for Greaves’ murder.

He is also being tried, before the family court, on charges in relation to his alleged abduction of Hadaway from Jan. 1 to April 15, 2016 in Vermont.

Hadaway was reportedly rescued after Primus’ elderly aunt’s caregiver allegedly found a note among her diabetes medication saying she was being held in a compartment on the ground floor of the two-storey house where Primus and his aunt lived in Vermont.

Family Court matters are heard in camera so it is not clear how many persons have agreed to testify in those proceedings.

After being charged with Greaves’ murder, Primus was indicted in New York for the 2006 murder of one of his friends.

Primus had spent many of his years in the United States and was deported in 2015 after serving prison time for violating a court order.