The accused, Ravenol Ollivierre, was freed of the charge on Monday. (iWN file photo)

The charge against a Brighton man accused of threatening to shoot a woman on Feb. 4 was withdrawn on Monday after the complainant failed to attend court.

Ravenol Ollivierre, 53,whose licenced firearm was seized, pending the outcome of the case, walked out of the Serious Offences Court a free man.

The complainant, Josette Frank of Sion Hill, had failed to attend court and Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delplesche said that the Crown was withdrawing the charge.

With the charge having been withdrawn, rather than dismissed, prosecutor can bring the matter to court again in the future.

The Crown had alleged that Ollivierre, being armed with a firearm on Feb. 4, at Brighton, threatened to discharge it on Frank.

He had pleaded not guilty to the charge and had been granted EC$7,000 bail with one surety.

Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne had also ordered Ollivierre to surrender his travel documents and report to the Calliaqua Police Station on Mondays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

The chief magistrate also ruled that stop orders be posted at ports of entry and exit and that Ollivierre seek the permission the court to leave the state.

One reply on “Man freed after woman fails to attend court”

  1. Elvis Ollivierre says:

    Not accurate reporting of court documents, I can see why the magistrate had previously warned journalists of incorrect reporting. This matter was dismissed not discharged. Further to that the complainant had change her statement and withdrawn her report to the Calliaqua police.

Comments are closed.