Advertisement 87
Advertisement 211
Advertisement 219

A Consular Officer from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados will visit St. Vincent Oct. 15-16, to provide U.S. Citizens Services and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), the embassy in Barbados says.

Visa cases will not be discussed.

The embassy further said that it will no longer accept handwritten passport application forms.

Applicants must fill out all passport application forms online and then print.

All forms are to be completed prior to the appointment and applicants are to bring originals and copies of all supporting documents.

Advertisement 271

Appointments will be held at the Peace Corps Office in Kingstown on Oct. 15 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Oct. 16, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Applicants must arrange an appointment online to meet with the Consular Officer. The instructions are available on the U.S. Embassy’s website.

Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft made out to “U.S. Embassy.”

The money order or bank draft must have the correct and exact amount and the embassy says it will not issue any refunds.

Fees are:

• Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105

• First adult passport: US$135

• CRBA: US$100

• Notarials: US$50 per signature

If you are renewing a 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and can present your expired passport, you may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$110.

If you cannot present a previous 10-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the consular officer; fee is US$135.

All applicants must provide: completed passport application, two passport-size photos (2” x 2”), proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate, and social security card.

Bring originals and photocopies of all documents.

You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to have the new passport mailed back to you in St. Martin or Anguilla.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child or you may submit a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent.

For more information, visit.

Also, bring the documents listed above plus the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports or other identification. Bring originals and photocopies of all documents including copies of the parents’ identification.

Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website at