Team Athletics St. Vincent and the Grenadines (TASVG) will hold its Jumps Classic this Saturday at the main Arnos Vale Playing Field.
A release and schedule as well and regulations from the Organisation, the ruling body for track and field in SVG, shows that athletes will compete in age groups U13, U15, U18, U20 and 20 plus.
The release says the Under 13 age group will comprise athletes born in the years 2004, 2005, and 2006.
The Under 15 will be those born 2002 and the Under 18 in the year 1999 and later. Athletes born in 1997 and later will be eligible to compete in the Under 20 while the 20 plus will be those with a birthdate of 1996 and earlier.
The U13 and U15 will compete in high and long jumps, while the U18, U20 and 20 plus will showcase their talent in the high, ling and triple jumps.
The categories and schedule as per the TASVG release:
U-13 (2006, 2005 & 2004) High jump and Long jump
U-15 (2002 & Later) High jump and Long jump
U-18 (1999 & Later) High, Long and Triple jump
U-20 (1997 & Later) High, Long and Triple jump
20+ (1996 and Earlier) High, Long and Triple jump
- High Jump — All ages — Males
- Triple jump — U-18 – 20+ — Males
- Long Jump — All ages — Females
- High jump — All ages — Females
- Triple jump — U-18 – 20+ — Females
- Long jump — All ages — Males
- ALL athletes must represent a club/school and must compete in their prescribe age group.
- ANY number of athletes can represent a club/school.
- ALL athletes of school age must first clear with their schools so as to get permission to represent a club. Once the school is taking part, the first priority of the athletes is to their schools and then their clubs.
- For an event to take place there must be three or more athletes participating even if all athletes are from one club/team. This rule will only apply to mini-meets.
- Clubs/Teams/Schools are responsible for their own refreshments.
- A registration fee of $2.00 per athlete will be charged for participation which must be paid before the athlete can participate.
- The organisers reserve the right to make changes to any event that has not been catered for in these rules.
Wish this was around during my school days…nice event. Keep the kids motivated.
Comments are closed.