Jomarno “Small Man” Tash was granted bail on the same charges. (iWN photo)

A Rockies man was on Thursday granted bail on an attempted murder charge in connection with last Sunday’s shooting of Paul’s Avenue resident, Jawansa “Sanga” Fraser.

Jomarno “Small Man” Tash was brought before Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne-Matthias at the Serious Offences Court, where he was charged that on Oct. 15 at Paul’s Avenue, he did use a firearm with intent to commit the offence of murder on Fraser.

He was further charged that on the same date, at Paul’s Avenue, with intent to commit the offence of murder on Fraser, he did an act which was more than merely preparatory to the commission of the offence.

Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delplesche did not object to bail, noting that Fraser was discharged from the hospital on Thursday and “was not in harm as a result of his injuries”.

He, however, told the court that should Tash be granted bail, there should be sufficient surety, reporting conditions of at least twice per week, a surrender of all his travel documents, and that he has contact with the virtual complainant.

The virtual complainant, Jawansa “Sanga” Fraser, was shot in Paul’s Avenue on Sunday. (Photo: Facebook)

“I don’t believe there would be any of that, but just for the record,” Delplesche said in relation to his no contact request.

He further said that should bail be considered, the Crown is also requesting that Tash surrender all his travel documents, stop notices be placed at all ports of entry and exit, and that he seeks the permission of the court to leave the state.

The prosecution indicated that they have eight witnesses so far and that the investigator was requesting a three months adjournment.

The chief magistrate set bail in the sum of EC$30,000 with one surety and ordered that Tash report twice per week at the Central Police Station

She, however, did not set particular days on which the man is to report but said it must be done between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

“I have to ensure that everyone is safe,” the magistrate said, adding that the court has that responsibility to virtual complainants as well as accused persons.

She also imposed the other bail conditions requested by the prosecution and adjourned the matter to Jan. 24, 2018 for the commencement of a preliminary inquiry.

Fraser, a farmer and businessman, was shot six times while standing at the roadside in Paul Avenue between 11 p.m. and noon on Sunday.

He was shot by the occupants of a car, which sped away after the shooting.

3 replies on “Man charged with attempted murder in relation to Paul’s Lot shooting”

  1. Farmer from Pauls Avenue ? and businessman hmmmm. What does he farm there? and what line of business is he in? will be very interesting to know. Whilst not condoning the acts of the shooter, we can safely say all these guys are in the same line of business. Associational groupings maybe( makes me smile). Live by the sword, play with the sword and we know the rest. The police force needs a serious upgrade to deal with the level of crimes being committed in mainland St. Vincent. They should source a change manager from the U.K. or Canada and find ways to take the force out of the 1980s doldrums it has been operating in for decades. Wake up hierarchy of the RSVGPF, this is the 2010s. You guys need to do much much better remember everything revolves around national security especially tourism.

Comments are closed.