Lawrence Dabriel, 45, the man charged in connection with the Sept. 24 cutlass attack that left another resident of Byera with his intestines exposed, has been granted bail.
Dabriel was granted bail at the Serious Offences Court in Kingstown on Tuesday, after Senior Prosecutor Adolphus Delplesche informed the court that the Crown was waiving its objections.
Dabriel had been denied bail on two previous occasions — when Wood was still hospitalised.
The prosecutor told the court it was his understanding that the virtual complainant, Michael “Mike” Woods, 55, was discharged from hospital on Oct. 4.
Delplesche said that the investigator had eight witnesses in the case in which Dabriel is charged with wounding with intent.
“He said he would be ready next week,” Delplesche, a former detective, said of the investigator, and laughed.
“I am asking for a window of three months, your honour,” the prosecutor, however, told the court.
Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne granted Dabriel bail in the sum of EC$7,000 with one surety and ordered him to have no contact with Woods.
She further ordered the accused man to report to the Colonarie Police Station on Fridays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. and to surrender his travel documents.
The court further ordered that stop notices be places at ports of entry and exit.
The matter was adjourned to Jan. 7, 2020.