Advertisement 87
Advertisement 323
Testes 1
Advertisement 219

The man who is suspected of shooting a patient at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital (MCMH) on Tuesday night had to undergo surgery to the scrotum in connection with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

iWitness News was reliably informed that doctors had to reinsert one of the man’s testes into his scrotum after a firearm he is alleged to have used in the attack went off, shooting him in the groin.

Police confirmed in a statement on Wednesday that the man suffered “self-inflicted injuries during an attempt to flee the scene” but did not give details of the injuries.

However, a well-placed source told iWitness News that the injury was to the man’s genitals.

Police said that the man required medical treatment, which he is receiving at the MCMH.

Advertisement 271

He is also assisting police officers in their investigation into the shooting.

Police did not disclose the name of the patient or any of the other people who they have arrested in connection with the shooting at the nation’s main healthcare facility.

The shooting at MCMH occurred around 11:25 p.m. on  Tuesday and involved a male patient, police said.

However, iWitness News was reliably informed that the assailant made an attempt at MCHM to kill Connell Jack, 26, of Ottley Hall, who was warded at the Male Surgical Ward of the hospital after being shot twice in the abdomen in Ottley Hall, his home community, around 9 p.m. Sunday.

“The RSVGPF is also relieved to report that no other patients or hospital staff were targeted or harmed during this isolated event,” the police statement on Wednesday said. 

Police said that their initial findings suggest that an unidentified individual bypassed security measures at the checkpoints and gained unauthorised access to the hospital grounds. 

“This person was seeking a particular male patient and, upon locating him, discharged a firearm twice at the individual before making an attempt to escape the vicinity.”

The statement said that officers from the specialised units, including the Narcotics Unit, Rapid Response Unit, and the Special Services Unit were swiftly deployed to pursue leads. 

“This concerted effort led to the arrest and detention of several individuals believed to be connected to the incident. The individual believed to be responsible for the shooting incident was successfully apprehended by the police.”

iWitness News was reliably informed that police made two arrests in Ottley Hall shortly after the shooting.

Police said that officers involved in the operation seized two firearms.

“The Royal Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force (RSVGPF) is diligently pursuing its investigation into this grave matter. We urge the community to assist by providing any relevant information that could aid our investigation. The public’s collaboration is vital for maintaining the safety and security of our society and for facilitating the apprehension and prosecution of those responsible,” police said. 

“The RSVGPF also wishes to reassure the public that this appears to be an isolated incident, and we are committed to maintaining peace and order. The safety of patients, staff, and visitors to the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital is of utmost importance, and measures are being taken to enhance security in and around the facility.”

Police are asking anyone with information that could assist the investigation to call 999/457-1211, the nearest police station, or any police officer with whom they are comfortable speaking.

“The RSVGPF thanks the public for its cooperation and understanding as we work to resolve this matter.”

Hospital shooting hours after killing in Ottley Hall 

The shooting at the hospital took place about 12 hours after Camron Kenny Miller aka Bogie was shot and killed while sitting under a shed at the roadside in Ottley Hall.

In a statement on Wednesday, police said that Miller, a 33-year-old labourer, of Ottley Hall., was at shop in the community when he was accosted and shot by an unknown assailant around 11:47 a.m. The assailant then fled the scene.

“Following the incident, the Crime Scene Unit (CSU) was promptly dispatched to the scene, where they processed the area and collected items of evidential value. A postmortem examination is expected to be carried out on Miller’s body to ascertain the exact cause of death.”

The RSVGPF extended “deepest condolences to all who are negatively affected by this incident, particularly the family, friends, and acquaintances of the deceased”. 

Police said that the Major Crimes Unit is leading the investigation and urged people with information to contact police. 

“The RSVGPF is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all citizens and will continue to work diligently to solve this crime,” police said. 

Police are scheduled to have a walkabout in the Ottley Hall-Edinboro communities on Thursday before holding a gun amnesty town hall meeting at the Calliaqua Hard Court at 6:30 p.m. 

3 replies on “Suspect allegedly shot himself in testes trying to flee hospital ”

  1. It was karma that his balls were blown off. Why used funds to re-attach it? No need for procreation to spread bad seeds.

  2. Is the guy who attacked Mr Chance in the video civilized? Is he sane? He would do well to focus on his job rather than getting upset over a journalist doing his job.

Comments closed.