St. Vincent and the Grenadines on Wednesday confirmed two new COVID-19 cases, the National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) said in a midnight press release.
NEMO said that the non-nationals “arrived from Sweden entering St. Vincent and the Grenadines from Grenada” with negative PCR results on Aug 19.
The patients, both adults have been isolated since receipt of their preliminary positive results which were confirmed Wednesday, NEMO said.
The press statement said that extensive testing of all possible contacts has not revealed any other positive cases or exposure to SARS-Cov-2.
“Further testing will continue,” NEMO said.
Meanwhile, NEMO said that all passengers who arrived on Air Canada 980 last week Thursday have been cleared.
All passengers who arrived of AA 945 on Saturday have received their quarantine day 4-5 PCR tests and are awaiting their results.
SVG has now recorded 60 COVID-19 cases, 57 of which have recovered.
The country has recorded no COVID-19 related deaths.
There are now three active COVID-19 cases in SVG.
“The public is urged to comply with all of the public health measures currently in place in St. Vincent and the Grenadines which are designed to keep COVID-19 contained,” NEMO said.
Almost a week after they entered SVG with a negative test they are now tested positive? That is not comforting at all. What about those people the couple came into contact with? Who have the persons that were exposed came into contact with? This is a very scary scenario being played out. Many questions are I need of serious and truthful answers.
Comments are closed.